The library is open to the public and is accessible around the world via reference, photocopying, and scanning services, plus a growing online collection. The library is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern time. Book loans are available by mail. Members of the American Philatelic Society may borrow books directly from the library. Non-members may request books through interlibrary loan at their local library. Books are mailed only to addresses in the U.S. and Canada.
Services and Fees: Library fees help to offset the cost of providing services. There is no charge for the initial consultation, and the library will mail an itemized bill for fees. Additional donations are welcome.
Book Loans by Mail:
Photocopies: A $10.00 fee ($15.00 for non-members) includes up to 15 pages and 15 minutes of staff time; the fee for additional pages is $.25 per page.
- Base fee: $10.00 per shipment (includes up to 15 minutes of staff time)
- First book: $3.00
- Additional books (up to 5 per shipment): $1.00
- Photocopies or scans with a book loan: $.25 per page
Scans: Scans cost $4.00 ($9.00 for non-members) for the first page and $.25 per page for additional pages.
Research Assistance: After 15 minutes of staff time, research assistance is billed at $20.00 per hour in half-hour increments.
Contacting the Library:
Note: The information above is from the Philatelic Literature Review, the quarterly journal of the American Philatelic Research Library, Second Quarter 2019, vol. 68, no. 2 (whole no. 263). To check for updates, go to the Library’s website, www.stamplibrary.org and click on the entry “Library Services - American Philatelic Society.”
- Search the library’s catalog and explore the collections at www.stamplibrary.org.
- To request book loans, photocopies, scans, or research assistance: phone (814) 933-3803 (press Option 3), email: email@example.com